Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

All work and no play...

Hi all, I have been SUPER busy at work-I work in IT in software quality assurance. That means we have fixed deadlines and we often don't get the final version until, oh, a day before the install date! FUN! Anyway, we have a little breather coming up so I can post blogs again.

Being busy does not mean that I have not been knitting! I finished my Kiri shawl in kidsilk haze:

I still need to block it, but being a shawl/lace newbie, I still need to get some blocking pins and/or wires. I also got some new yarns:

This is Seas Silk in Nova Scotia (top) and Periwinkle. I am knitting up the Nova Scotia into Eunny's Print o' the Waves Stole for my Mom for birthday/Christmas. Here is pic of the very beginnings of the stole (I have finished one panel and close to finishing the other-will post pics when I have recharged my camera battery):

And I got some laceweight from Handpainted Yarn:

Laceweight wool in purple gold (currently knitting Kiri shawl again). This one reminds me of fall leaves. I also got:

Laceweight in Indigo and Emerald Blue

Laceweight in Bergamot

Bulky merino in Mango (for mitts for Bob's daughter)

I haven't started anything yet in the above yarns...will post when I have pictures. And, I have just joined SOCKTOBERFEST! Time to finish my socks!

I have lots of socks to finish! Posts of socks in progress to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home