Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baby Blanket


I finished this baby blanket (moderne from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book using Tahki Cotton Classic on # 6 circulars) in 2 weeks! I had started a traditional log cabin using Noro Kureyon but my brother (he and his wife are due in early September) said it looked too 'tie dye-y'.

And the shower was only a week away! So, I had to bring the UFO to the shower-in NYC-I live in Chicago-and then bring it back to finish. They are different! But I love my brother and SIL so I was happy to do it. I will even make coordinating burp cloths with the leftover yarn:

I love pink and tan together!

I also have some socks in progress. I just got some yarn from Crown Mountain Farms-Dicentra Designs in Solar Energy (seen below) and Gilrain which I haven't wound yet.


I also have a sock going on two circulars (in trekking below). I am not sure which I like better...DPNs or circulars. I think I am leaning toward the DPN's--I love bamboo!


That's it for now...but I am dying to start a shawl (free pattern from Eunny) in Dicentra laceweight in Abalone. YUM!

7 Comments:

Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Welcome to the knit blog world! Your projects look lovely - love all the color combos! :)

5:54 PM  
Blogger Kahla said...

I would have loved to receive EITHER of those gorgeous blankets!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the colors of pink, cream and brown together. Lovely.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Splindarella said...

You are a very, very good aunt to re-knit a blanket like that -- and on such short notice! I don't know that I would have been so good-hearted *wink*. Both blankets turned out stunning (and I hope you're going to keep the Noro one for yourself).

5:49 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Both blankies are beautiful. Although I think I like the moderne one for a personal preference....

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOTH of those blankets are gorgeous. Love the colors on both of them.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Well phooey on your brother. Your Noro log cabin is wonderful.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home