Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Trekking in Jackson, Wyoming

So, I have just returned from Jackson, WY (thanks for inviting me Barb!) and I had a fabulous time! We hiked, rafted, went horseback riding, recoved from the horseback riding at the Granite hot springs and played LOTS of Cranium (a completely fun game!). Of course I brought my knitting along...

This was taken on a hiking trail along the Gros Ventre River valley.

This was taken by the Gros Ventre River.

This was taken at the top of Rendezvous Mountain (last year for the tram in Teton Village--boo hoo!) and yes, that is me. Great view, huh? This was the second of the pair using Trekking XXL 100 (seems to be a favorite...) knitted using the Child's First Sock Pattern from Nancy Bush's book: Knitting Vintage Socks and here is the finished product:

Fun, huh? This is the first lace sock pattern I tried. Needless to say, my second sock is much better than my first. After I finished this pair I started another using Mountain Colors Wool Quarters in Wilderness. I only finished one sock in Wyoming--the second I finished back in Illinois. I modified Nancy Bush's heelless bed sock--I wanted a heel, so I put one in:

And here is another clearer picture of my trekking socks:


I like to knit socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home