Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Alpha and Omega

Did you hear the wagon creaking? I had tried unsuccessfully with different yarn before, but I just jumped on the Monkey bandwagon (again) and knit up my first pair:

The yarn is Apple Laine, Apple Pie sock yarn in the Sunrise colorway from The Loopy Ewe . They are gorgeous and fit like a dream. I only did 4 repeats for the leg and I changed the heel to the slip stitch version. I am addicted and started a new one already, but I am trying a picot edge for that one.

So, for the contest that Quiddity is having, here is a picture of my first and last socks. The first socks are the brown, orange and green stripey ones that I knit last May/June (I think). The pink pair are Cookie A's Twisted Flower socks in STR lightweight, colorway Lover's Leap or Lane--the pair I finished just before the Monkeys and then the Monkeys. My first socks were on two circulars from the toe up in a Knit Picks yarn that I don't remember the name of. I also did an afterthought heel, one of which unraveled the 2nd time I wore them. Needless to say, I've come a long way baby! I know now that I like to knit on DPNs (bamboo preferably) and I am pickier about which yarns I like to knit. For first socks, though, not too shabby, huh?


And I leave you all with a picture of an orchid flower that I managed not to kill. When my parents retired and moved from Minnesota to Florida, my Mom gave my a bunch of their orchids. I have only killed one (out of 4) I think from underwatering. But I know how to take care of them now and love having them around. Pretty, no?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home