Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Peapods and skeins

I finally finished the Peapod sweater (pattern from Interweave knits-by Kate Gilbert) for my niece...it is made from Plymouth Suri Alpaca and I did it on US size 5 needles in the largest size. I love the buttons (which are more cranberry than pink in real life).


Here is a picture of Kira in Galena, IL--my brother and his wife attended a wedding there and I was brought along to babysit. Isn't she cutie pie? We didn't bring the sweater with us, but I will make my brother or SIL take a pic when I send it to them.


Here is the view from our balcony of Lake Galena (I think that is the name of the lake):


On Saturday, we all had some free time and we went into the town of Galena (I think the birthplace of Ulysses S Grant?) and I found a very nice yarn shop called Fiber Wild. There, I got some sock yarn raised by a local woman named Suzy (the shepherdess). I can't figure out how to do hyperlinks on blogger from Safari, so here is her url: www.SuzyBeggin.com. The yarn is 50 g and is 235 yards. The color is achieved by mixing white, black, brown and gray sheep! Very cool.


I also got my loopy ewe order in...from left to right is: Zen String Bambewe fingering in Tramanto, Spritely Goods in Windblown Mallow, Perchance to Knit sock in Hedera Helix, and last but not least, Shibui Knits in Autumn. I was very disappointed that ALL the Wollmeise was gone in just TWO hours, but hopefully I will be lucky next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home