Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Socks

OK, I have not been the best of bloggers. No excuses, just laziness computer-wise. Not so lazy on the knitting front, though. I have been buying sock yarn ad infinitum (sorry if my latin spelling is incorrect); here is some STR that I got:



















On the left is STR superwash merino mediumweight in Foofaraw, middle STR superwash merino lightweight in Lover's Leap and on the right STR superwash merino lightweight in Farmhouse. I have started Monkey socks (sorry for the blurry pic):















I knit up a pair of Waving Lace socks in Schaefer Anne from Favorite Socks:




















I knit up a pair of Uptown Boot socks (also from Favorite Socks) in Lorna's Laces Black Pearl (hee hee! I am watching Dead Man's Chest right now!):




















It did pool kinda crazy like by I like it! And I love cabling!

And I finished my Sockapalooza socks, Meida's Socks (again from Favorite Socks--can you tell I LOVE this book?) in Koigu KPPPM:


These socks combined my love of lace and cabling in ONE sock. I do not use a cabling needle, but followed the directions in the sock pattern of how the Estonians cabled.
As you can see, I use sock blockers to photograph my socks--I do not wash and block on these babies--I got them from the Loopy Ewe from whom I will be getting some new sock yarn that I am excited about! When I get my latest order, I will blog again w/all the other goodies that I have gotten from Sheri.
Bye for now (I promise not to wait 2 months this time!).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, such pretty finished socks. And the new STR ain't so bad either!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

oooh, all so very nice! Love the sockapalooza ones especially. Isn't Loopy Ewe the best!?

6:51 PM  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

Those are all terrific socks! I love the bright blues in your Sockapaloooza socks!

2:41 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

I love that book as well - just finished up the Embossed Leaves socks in Koigu. Were the Waving Lace socks a quick knit? I'm still learning lace. So pretty! Thanks for sharing.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home