Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Works in progress

Below is the Jawbreaker Cardigan from the winter 2006 Interweave Knits Mag, just waiting to be seamed up...I have read in several places that you don't have to block before seaming, but this yarn (Cascade 128 Tweed, color7607) is fairly bulky and I think the blocking will help me in the seaming as this is my first sweater.

This is Icarus w/5 rows left to go on Chart 4 and then only 4 more rows! I hope I have enough yarn left over...yummy suri alpaca.
And last but not least is the Conwy sock from Knitting on the Road in trekking...I already knitted this sock but I loved knitting it so much I wanted to do it again.
When I have something finished I will blog again...soon I hope!!

3 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Everything is coming along nicely. What a nice variety of projects you have going. No fear of bordom.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace,

I block everything. Seaming just comes out so much nicer that way.

Your sweater/socks/shawl are simply wonderful!! You can certainly do the Nantucket sweater. It isn't all that hard and you get the hang of the pattern after awhile.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have trouble with picking up stitches for the Jawbreaker collar? I felt like I was picking up and increasing way too many and it didn't look right. What do you think?

BTW, it looks great! Can't wait to see it seamed up.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home