Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Year of the Pig?!?!?!?!

I was going through some of my crafty pics and came across this:


This is a cake that I made for one of my friends (who happens to practice Islam) who said when I asked what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday, "Any kind is fine, as long as it is not pork." Of course I took that for a challange...so I came up with PIG CAKE! I baked a boxed red velvet (in deference to Steel Magnolias gotta love the armadillo groom's cake!) in a 9" cake pan, in a tempered glass bowl and a ramekin. I added red food coloring to white canned frosting to make the pretty pig pink color. The ears I made out of paper, taped toothpicks to and attached to the head. The tail is curly ribbon, curled, of course! And the feet are Ho Ho's. She LOVED it!

So, in celebration of the year of the pig, I give you a Pig Cake. I am still working on knitting, too, but work has been crazy, so nothing really new to share. Hopefully I will make some progress this weekend and post some progress pictures soon.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger BertandFelix said...

The pig cake made me laugh. Love it!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home