Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Monday, February 19, 2007

A Sweater, a shawl and socks

Here it is! My first sweater. It is the Jawbreaker Cardigan from Interweave Knits Winter 2006. It was a VERY fast knit (size 11 needles!). In my last post, Lynn asked if I thought the collar felt like too many stitches. I have to admit...I am kind of a geek...so I actually sorta did the math and calculated at which stitches I could increase by two so that I would have the correct number of stitches needed for the collar without bunching. So that was the hard part. I had no problems w/mattress stitching up the seams. I love this sweater!

Finally! I finished, washed and blocked my Icarus:


Here is a close up of the edge:

And I also have a picture of a pair of socks that I finished last December, Conwy from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road:

I also started the Nantucket Jacket (also from Interweave Knits Winter 2006). I LOVE the stitch pattern and the berrocco pure merino wool! So soft! I will post some progress pics soon.
I also got the books Knit 2 Together by Tracy Ullman and Mel Clark and Sarah Dallas Knitting. I really like both these books and want to make almost everything from both books! I already made the baby cape in Knit 2 Together, which brings me to a question...the cape called for size 6 needles, 4 mm. But my size 6 clover needles are 4.25 mm. I didn't check the diameter when I first started, but as I went along (and needed way more yarn than I thought!) I checked the size. I had to use 1 whole more hank of cascade 220 than the pattern called for! But I made it work. Once I get buttons I will post a pic. But why is there a difference between what the book calls for and what size my needles actually are?
Anyway, I am having a blast knitting...when I can get away from the needles, I will post!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of your FO look great. I love the color on the sweater. You will enjoy putting that one and wearing it out, for sure.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just amaze me!! I still can't believe that you are a new knitter!!

Let me know how the Nantucket goes. You should join the KAL. I had some problems getting guage and actually had to drop down to a size 6 needle.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Annalea said...

What a pretty trio. :o) I especially like the yarn the socks are knit of. Do you remember what it is? I love the variations on one color. (It's much easier for me to match socks to an outfit that way! lol)

I can check back here, or you're welcome to just leave a note in the comments at my blog.

Knit on . . . ;o)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home