Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Socks Socks Socks! (and stocking)


Ok, so I am a day late on the blogging (and I am watching American Idol, too!)  But I had to post some socks that I just FINISHED!  Here are Hedgerow Socks by Jane Cochran (made from Dream in Color Smooshy, Strange Harvest):
Hedgerow socks
and here is a detail shot of the stitch pattern:
Hedgerow socks detail
The only change I made was to make a flat toe instead of round and to shorten the heel a bit (I have teeny feet).  All in all a wonderful knit that I will do again.
I also got some Misti Alpaca sock yarn from Fiddlehead Yarns in Kenosha, WI (love Mindy's shop!)
Misti Alpaca sock yarn
Which I have already started the Oak Ribbed Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks:
Misti Alpaca Sock
This is the one of the best sock yarns I have knitted up and I have tried a lot of sock yarns!  Love the way the colors just stripe randomly!

And, I think I am the only sock knitter that hasn't knitted a jaywalker...but here is my rendition in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, Birches:
Jaywalker socks

And for my niece, I am knitting up a Judy's Colors stocking.  Leg all done, just need to do the heel and foot:
Judy's Colors Christmas Stocking
All in all, train riding has upped my knitting time and I LOVE IT!  I also love that I have a set time to arrive and leave work--not as much working later because I can (and to avoid traffic).  Anyway, I need to knit some more.  Next week I will post my latest sweater project (tangled yoke) and what I want my next big project to be.  I'll be back!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your socks! So much prettier than mine. Especially that Misti Alpaca. I love that blue. Thanks for the non-wool suggestions. Right now I seem to be doing ok with wool, as long as there is no mohair.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

I love the stocking! it looks so pretty in those similar shades. I have to try this technique sometime! :)

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home