Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm back--better late than never, RIGHT?

Hey all, last week I was holed up in downtown Chicago as I had to work two days in the city.  I live 50 (!) miles away and the expressways I would have to traverse are BOTH under construction.  Needless to say, I imposed on my friend Rena (Hi Rena!) to let me stay in her apartment near Navy Pier.  Fun!  Anyway, I don't have any new pictures of the progress I made on my socks (a LOT) but here is a picture of the yarn that I will be using to knit Snowflakes in Cedarwoods by Anne Hanson:

Perchance to Knit yarn + shawl pattern

That is Perchance to Knit in Violets and Ice that I purchased from The Loopy Ewe.  I ADORE this yarn (using it currently for Icarus in Harlot's Peacock)-not only is it gorgeously dyed, you get a crystal stitch marker with each skein of yarn!  And how can you go wrong with silk and merino?  Anyway, I still need to finish my Bee Fields before I start the Snowflakes shawl!  Can you tell I like Anne's patterns?  

Next week I should have some sock pictures and HOPEFULLY a finished Icarus in for my mom in time for Mom's Day.  Wish me luck!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home